As you probably already know, Augmented reality (AR) is a technology that takes digital elements into the real world, creating an enhanced view of reality. In the past AR development has traditionally required specialized programming skills. However, a new crop of no-code AR platforms now make it possible for anyone to build their own AR apps and experiences. In this article, we’ll explore the basics of AR and provide a step-by-step guide to creating your first no-code augmented reality experience.
The Importance Of Implementing AR Into Your Business
Very soon, not having AR features within your business will be like not having social media. It’s going to be something that customers look for within every single shopping experience. Just pay attention to the numbers. The AR market is expected to grow 12.60% on a yearly basis from 2023-2028.
When you look at where things are going from a customer behavior standpoint, more people are ordering clothes, food, and other things online more than ever.
So it’s only right that having a good AR experience to go along with these trends is crucial for meeting customer expectations. Shopping habits show people want to preview products in their own space before they buy. AR allows for that experience to happen.
Right now when it comes to Augmented Reality it’s still pretty early. So, if you hop on board now, it’ll give you the opportunity to get a head start on your competition. People will remember the experience they had with your AR campaign over a traditional ad or static digital content. If you adopt AR early, it positions your brand to be more memorable.
The Advantages Of No-Code AR Platforms
No-code experiences give you a lot of different advantages.
Frees Up Your Time
When you’re running a business, the last thing you want to do is spend so much time worrying about the ins and outs of augmented reality development.A no-code platform will do all that stuff for you so you could actually focus on things that move the needle for your business.
With no code platforms, all you have to do is worry about using your imagination in terms of the experiences you want to build. You don’t have to know anything about 3D engines, rigging, lighting, physics and other highly technical aspects of AR creation.
Let’s pretend you weren’t using a no-code platform. When you realize something that may work better it may take days to implement because of the time it will take to get a developer to do it for you. No-code platforms remove these roadblocks for you so you can have your new ideas running in a matter of half an hour or less.
Cost And Time Efficiency
A technical team could be extremely expensive. In almost all cases, using a no-code platform beats the cost of having a dedicated team of developers and AR specialists.
Flexibility and Customization
One of the best aspects of using a no-code platform is the fact that it comes with pre-made templates and elements to add in. These templates and elements could inspire your designs instead of thinking up a design out of thin air.
Anyone Could Access It
For the smaller businesses, their budget was too tight to even think about AR implementation. The costs, complexity, and need for specialized skills made AR seem out of reach for most companies. Now pretty much anyone could access it which evens the playing field.
Built In Metrics
When you set up your own AR using developers, you also have to go out of your way and set up some type of analytics to track how your campaigns are doing. Without analytics you really can’t improve because you don’t know what’s working. With no-code platforms, most of them have built in analytics that allow you to get insights on user behavior.
How To Create An AR Experience With No Code Using CSCONNECT
Using our platform, you could easily create an immersive augmented reality experience using our creation tools. You don’t need any coding skills. You can change things like packaging, advertisements, magazines, ecommerce experiences, and more into AR experience. Let’s go over the steps to launch your campaign along with some things you could do.
Steps to Launch Your AR Campaign
- Prepare: Choose a suitable use case, follow our guides, and prepare your concept including visuals, audio, and more.
- Create: Use the CSCONNECT platform and 3D Genie AI-based modeling tool to create and set up your assets, and the AR campaign.
- Publish: Test and then publish your AR experience as Web AR or in native iOS and Android apps.
- Optimize: Monitor performance, conduct A/B tests, and tweak your campaign for improved results. Save designs for future use.
AR Marketing: Engage and Excite
- 3D Product Visualization: Showcase your products in 3D, offering an immersive shopping experience.
- Inform and Educate: Tell your brand's story in an engaging augmented reality world.
- Play and Try-On: Enable customers to visualize products in 3D, enhancing the shopping experience.
- Guide and Support: Provide post-purchase virtual assistance to enhance product experience.
Flexible Delivery Options
- Web AR: Offer AR experiences directly in the browser, both on mobile and desktop.
- Native App: Create a custom branded scanning app or integrate AR into your existing app.
Although our platform is easy to use, if you have any issues at all our customer service will help you along the way. Whether it’s trying to decide on the campaign goal or simply fixing certain aspects, we’ll make it easy for you.
Best Practices For Creating The Very Best AR Experience
Even though AR has become easier to implement due to companies like us, it’s still crucial to put together the best campaign possible to show people what your business is all about. Here are some of the best practices to follow when putting together an AR campaign for your business.
Define What Your Objectives Are
The first thing you want to do is define what your goals are. Think about your customers and work backward. Here are a few examples of objectives:
- Integrate Augmented Reality (AR) technology into the e-commerce platform, aiming to enhance your customer online customer engagement and increase sales by 15% through interactive product visualizations.
- Launch a marketing campaign utilizing AR experiences on social media, with a goal to grow the company's following by 25% and engage a tech-savvy audience.
- Introduce an AR feature in the new product line that provides customers with immersive demonstrations, aiming to boost your product launch success and customer satisfaction.
- Implement AR tools in market analysis for the two new international markets, enabling more accurate and efficient market entry strategies.
- Use AR to create virtual showrooms, allowing customers to experience products in a realistic setting, thereby aiming to improve the overall online shopping experience and increase conversion rates.
Design With Your Brand In Mind
When you create an AR experience for your customers, you want to make sure the visuals, messaging, and interaction align with your brand identity. You want to make sure your color schemes, fonts, imagery, and all that fun stuff align with your existing non AR stuff. Doing this will help reinforce brand recognition and trust as well. The key is to ENHANCE, not disrupt brand personality.
Keep Things Simple
It's easy to get carried away adding a ton of flashy AR features, but too many bells & whistles can overwhelm users. Stick to including only your 1 or 2 strongest AR interactive elements/animations that link back to key brand takeaways you want customers to remember. Keeping it simple allows the core experience to shine.
Focus On The Analytics
As we stated above, CSCONNECT offers analytics so you could adjust and fine tune the experience based on real user data. You could track metrics like overall usage, most popular interactions, and more.
As you have seen, creating a no-code AR experience is actually much easier than you may have thought.
Previously, using AR had a much higher barrier to entry. Now, with the advent of no-code platforms, anyone can start building augmented reality apps themselves regardless of technical skill level.
If you want to upgrade your business, campaign, or ideas with the immersive power of AR, you could easily get started with CSCONNECT by simply clicking here!